Wednesday 19 December 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !

How lovely - it is Christmas. I am closing the office on Friday until 2nd January, and have lots of lovely social things arranged - dinners with friends and all the things Christmas should be! The tree is decorated (of course), the turkey is ordered, the table decorations ready and the crackers bought. And today the weather is even exactly right - chilly with a hint of frost and brilliant sunshine. Let's hope it lasts!

I hope you all have a good Christmas as well - and if celebrating Christmas is not for you, please accept my good wishes nevertheless. And for everyone - have a great year in 2008, I hope it will prove to be a successful, peaceful and enjoyable one.

On the bridge front ... well, the lists are up to tell you which clubs are taking part in the January Simultaneous Pairs and as soon as I get back I will be inviting entries for the WBF Charity Pairs which is in aid of UNICEF this year - the Children's Charity, so I hope you will be able to join us for that.

But for now - I just wish you all peace and tranquillity, whatever you are doing over Christmas and the New Year - have a great time !

anna

No comments: