Wednesday 21 March 2007

Help ! the WWBC booklets have arrived ...

... and my hall has disappeared ! This year's World Wide Bridge Contest is on Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd June, and it is time to think about entering - I know it is early to send out the packs but I would love to get rid of the booklets and create a bit of space, so - if your club wants to take part please get in touch soon. Click here for more information and to find out how to enter. And do remember that we can offer a discount if you want to take it all by email rather than have me posting the booklets to you, so if you are interested in that, email me for more information (remembering to tell me which club you are and which country you are in!)

It is such a fun event to enter - watching the results coming in from all over the world is really exciting, and I can tell you that Eric Kokish has done his usual wonderful job with the commentary which is really entertaining and interesting! Do join us if you can - we would love to have your company ! Click here for more information about the whole event and to find out how easy it is to run a heat.

What else - well, all is in place for the BGB Sims on 11, 12 and 13 April (Friday 13th must be lucky for someone !) ... the club lists are on the website (
click here) so you can look for the club nearest you to play at. Again, a fun and enjoyable event, so do try and find a heat to play at. We can take late entries, up to 2 days before each of the events, so if your club decides to hold a last minute heat we will do our best to help.

On the home front, we are enjoying some glorious spring weather and the cats are moaning less which is always good news - though I have a feeling that we will soon be seeing the baby bunnies being brought in ... always a drawback with cats I am afraid. The garden is springing into life though, and shaking off the winter browns and greys. I have been inspired into some eastern mediterranean cooking with lovely Ras-el-Hanout spice mix which went down well!

And my spare time this week is being spent helping my daughter with her dancing school - they do an annual show, this year with 129 children in it, and I get brought in as a licenced chaperone to help backstage! My 12 year old granddaughter is in the production, so I get to be in her dressing room which is great fun. And on Friday I will be going to see the show so I am really looking forward to that.

No comments: