Thursday 12 August 2010

Oh dear it's been AGES

I am sorry, but what with going to Scotland (yes, my beloved Orkney again ... and Islay as well so that Mark could enjoy the distilleries) then coming back to a load of work for Sims and World Championships and things, I am afraid my blog has taken a bit of a back seat ! And I haven’t even put up any photographs from our trips yet, but when I do I will let you know !

 

So, what have I been doing? Well, the BGB Summer Pairs has been and gone, and I have sent the file of master points in to the EBU – the lists are on the website as normal, just click here to find them. And the pens etc will be sent out to the clubs this afternoon or tomorrow depending on when I actually get up to the post office.

 

Then there have been lots of bits and pieces to do for the World Championships of course – I hope lots of you are coming to Philadelphia because it is going to be amazing !

 

The material for the Welsh Bridge Union Simultaneous Pairs at the beginning of September has been posted, as have the packs for the EBU one on 13th & 14th – they should be reaching their destinations in the next few days. I will get the club lists onto the site for all of these as soon as I can. The EBU one will come up in the Forthcoming events in the next few days. Now I need to turn my attention to the BGB Autumn Pairs and then the Children in Need event of course – it’s non stop isn’t it !

 

Another job that comes my way is the Diamond Bridge Website – and hasn’t Mike Swanson got some fantastic holidays and cruises coming up ! Wow ! I think being pampered on the Queen Mary 2 sounds just amazing. I can dream can’t I ??

 

There is a new Facebook bridge site, by the way, for university bridge players so – if you know anyone at University who plays bridge, do send them along to Uni Bridge – a quick search will soon find it.

 

And that’s about it for now – hopefully I have made up for the long silence, and I will try and do better in future I promise J

No comments: